Sense 3D Scanner by 3D Systems
Accurate and Handheld
Portable and User Friendly
Make Sense of 3D
Transform the way you work with the best-in-class Sense 3D scanner. Fast, easy, portable and practical, the Sense offers full-color 3D scanning for use in your home, school and business. With the Sense 3D scanner, you can take your 3D printing experience to the next level.
Build 3D archives, product visualizations and communicate your products with Sense
When you own a Sense scanner, you can rapidly archive and preserve artifacts, products and items as color 3D data. You can also take advantage of scanning objects to begin design for 3D gaming applications. Market your products by using 3D scan data in online catalogs and visualizations for marketing. Post 3D scans to share with your peers or customers directly from the Sense software at SketchFab and Facebook. The Sense scanner opens a world of possibilities.
Create your custom product lines with 3D scans
There are so many ways to take advantage of the power of the Sense scanner. For instance, incorporate Sense scans to enable rapid product designs for custom-fit sporting goods, packaging and more by using customers’ unique scan data in your design software.
Streamline production processes
Not only does the Sense scanner make sharing and marketing of products easier, you can also create, design and 3D print jigs and fixtures using scan data to assist with production and machining processes. Other ideas include enhancing the value of 3D assembly manuals by including rapid and accurate 3D scan data from the shop floor.
Scan at home
Lastly, Sense is user-friendly. Make your home hobbies more satisfying by including 3D scanning for your woodwork projects, and more. Miniaturize objects that you scan at full size for your custom RC cars and planes ready for 3D printing. Scan your family’s memorable moments to be 3D printed in color.
Highlights of the Sense 3D Scanner:
- Sharp and accurate The Sense 3D scanner delivers best-in-class accuracy of close to 1 mm with resolution at 1 mm.
- Realistic Color Sense has an unprecedented color resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels for perfect color texture mapping.
- Scan a range of sizes Sense has a generous scan range of between 7 and 72 inches to allow for rapid 3D scanning of a wide range of objects.
- Software for fast processing The Sense 3D scanner includes software to rapidly edit your 3D scan data and solidify for immediate 3D printing.
- Multiple formats for data storage Save data out to four industry-standard formats for downstream uses.
Supported operating systems
|Windows 8 or later|
|Min: 0.2m x 0.2m x 0.2m|
|Max: 2m x 2m x 2m|
|5.08(w) x 7.08(h) x 1.3(d) inches|
|12.9(w) x 17.8(h) x 3.3(d) cm|
Depth image size
|640(w) x 480(h) px|
Color image size
|1920(w) x 1080(h) px|
Field of view
Spatial x/y resolution @ 0.5m
Depth resolution @ 0.5m
USB cord length
Maximal image throughput
|Intel® Core i5™ 5th Gen or equivalent processor|
|RAM: 2 GB minimum|
|1280 x 1024 minimum screen resolution|
|4 GB available hard disk space|